Hiatus and moving to a new location...
The day has finally come... or at least the ball is finally rolling, I've talked about moving this blog elsewhere in the past, just wasn't quite sure where to start. However, via The Wrambling Webcomic Review, I followed this very useful guide on setting up a website and am finally in the process of uncoupling this lot from Google. At last, we're on the road to success!
This means no more wrestling with a shite post editor, no more worries over what is and isn't going to get flagged as 'too naughty' to go on the blog and being realistic, no more pondering when the Sword of Damocles is going to come slamming down on Blogger. Maybe I'm just taking an excessively dim view of things but yeah, it doesn't exactly strike me as the most jumpin' platform in 2026, let's put it that way.
It also means more flexibility on how I display, organise and format things, which is ideal! It's all up in the air right now while I re-learn HTML, but I've had some ideas on different sections of the site and how things could be presented there, to make it easier to find specific things (i.e. a dedicated art section with subsections for different projects, a section for gaming-related stuff, and an area for photos from my wanderings, among other things.) Of course, there's also the lure of old-fashioned internet stuff with decorated headers, little page badges (brace yourself, because there will be Farkas!) and, perish the thought... an actual navigation bar that isn't hidden behind a temperamental little drop-down menu. Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of minimalism here and there but for fuck's sake mate, hiding away the navigation in order to make something look neater is just so grating. Give me a damn menu and make it visible right there on the page. Can't speak for anyone else but with my eyesight problems, y'know, sometimes finding the butty menu icon or the three dots is a task.
The downside is that I can't automatically port the guts of this blog over, so everything is going to have to be transferred manually.
One post at a time.
Bloody hell.
This does mean there won't be any further posts here until I'm ready to announce the complete move, because I have a lot on already without adding more things that would need to be doubled up on my new site. Still, it will be worthwhile once it's all sorted, and I'm looking forward to presenting my art and other things all in one place with more of a personal touch, and better, easier navigation for anyone who might want to have a gander at it.
For now, I'm off to go get another cup of tea.